Why does your company need a Partner Portal?
Do you want to complement your partner program with a compelling, interactive, content-rich partner portal that combines easy to use and easy to access sales, marketing and support tools with genuine demand generation capability and get a tangible return on your investment?
Most partner portals offer little partner benefit over a vendor’s corporate website. They act as a repository for information but fail to perform what should be their primary function – to provide the tools and resources partners need to sell and market on the vendor’s behalf. Why is this? Well most vendors prioritise funding and resource for their corporate website. The partner portal, if it exists, is usually an afterthought.
Partner portals usually fail to attract and retain visitors because of:
- Generic content which has not been adapted for channel consumption or is not personalized for the intended audience
- Content which is not maintained, is out of date or lags the corporate website
- Content management and document management systems that perform poorly and/or are difficult to use
- Poor structure and navigation making information hard to find
- Too much information but a lack of tools to help partners make use of it
- Too many clicks required to access key tools or information
- Limited or no interactivity
- Inadequate or ineffective marketing and promotion
- Lack of investment
- Lack of resource.
Or else they are simply not interesting places to go – and that’s important when your audience is predominantly made up of sales people!